Greetings to all Comets players, coaches, umpires, and families,
Season 2022 is fast approaching, and we are very excited to announce that the Stirling Comets Netball Club will have a NEW home in 2022!
The Heathfield High School courts are only weeks away from being finished after a complete rebuild, which will provide the Club with 4 new courts to use for training and Saturday competition. All going well, we should be training on the courts a few weeks before the winter 2022 season commences on 30th April.
Pre-season Training Workshops & Grading – Location: Heathfield NC courts
This year we will be running a pre-season program commencing on Monday 28th February, which will include squad training, skills development sessions, practice matches and pre-grading observation of players.
The final session and grading for all players will be held on Sunday 20th March.
To assist with planning, it would be appreciated if all players/families could please send a reply email to email@example.com confirming your attendance/interest in playing for the Stirling Comets in 2022.
Please put the following dates in your diaries:
Registration and New Website
Along with most clubs, the Stirling Comets are transitioning from MyNetball to PlayHQ, which provides a more user-friendly digital interface for the administration of clubs and for members.
The new platform will be ready for registrations shortly.
In addition to the move to a new administration system, we are also in the process of developing a new website for the club, that is hosted by WIX and supported by Netball Australia and interfaces with PlayHQ. Whilst the website layout has been provided, there is still a fair bit of time required to load all the relevant information onto the site, let alone become familiar with the program!
Club members and new players will be notified via email and facebook as soon as the website goes live, and registrations are open on PlayHQ.
Of note: please provide a personal email when registering with PlayHQ – rather than a work email, as it is hard to keep in touch if you change jobs!
Net Set Go – Term 2, 2022
We will also be running our popular after school Net Set Go program at Stirling East Primary School again in Term 2, with the day to be advised closer to the time. The Net Set Go program is aimed at 5-8 yr old children. Stay tuned for updates.
There has been a small increase by Netball SA which will be reflected in the fees:
- $195 each for juniors and seniors
- $100 NetSetGo
Of note the SA Govt. is again offering the Sport Voucher scheme for 2022 – $100 discount per school child aged 5-15 yrs. The discount can be applied during on-line registration.
New Player Incentive – $50 finder’s fee (it’s back!)
Use your network: Introduce a new player (U11 – Senior) to the Club and receive a $50 rebate on your registration fees! Rebate will be paid once the new player is registered and membership fees are paid in full. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any referrals (prior to the new player registering).
- Sat 30th April – first round for 6-team draws
- Sat 7th May – first round for 8-team draws
- Sat 11th June – BYE round (long w/end)
- Sat 2nd July – Senior timeslot swap
- Sat 16th July – BYE round (school hols)
- Sat 27th Aug – Semi-Finals
- Sat 3rd Sep – Preliminary Finals
- Sat 11th Sep – Grand Finals
- Sun 12th Sep – Presentation Day (tbc)
Coaches – We Need You!
Calling any new and returning coaches! Our teams are nothing without our wonderful coaches – if you are interested in coaching or perhaps co-coaching with a friend please sing out! Completion of the Netball SA on-line Foundation Course and further face-to-face coaching courses are supported by the Club and provide a good basis for new & returning coaches.
Please contact Alix Newbury (Coach Co-ordinator) on 0422 259 337 or email email@example.com with any coaching enquires.
Like our coaches, our games are also nothing without our also-wonderful umpires! All Coloured-Shirt umpires and badged umpires interested in umpiring this season please contact Trudy Mossop on 0433 825 220 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. Pending numbers there may be an opportunity to recruit new Coloured-shirt umpires – please register your interest with Trudy or through the club email. As per 2021, umpiring fees will be paid electronically on a fortnightly basis.
Committee Vacancy & Volunteer Roles
CAN YOU HELP?
- The Marketing & Communications role is currently vacant. This is an important function within the committee and for the smooth running of the Club. Approx. 1-2 hrs / week to keep the Comets community informed.
- Junior co-ordinator – can you help with recruiting new players to the Club (primarily through promotion at Stirling East PS)? Current committee members no longer have students in junior primary years at school; therefore we need a parent with younger school-aged children to assist with this vital information and recruiting process…..a short-term but vital part of pre-season each year.
- We are also seeking Team Managers and a NetSetGO Coach/coordinator.
- President – Lisa Nairn
- Vice President / Recording Office – Meredith McArthur
- Secretary – Emma Stokes
- Treasurer – Clea Vetch
- Head Coach – Alix Newbury
- Sponsorship – Base Yates
- HNA Representative/ Child Safety / Member Protection Officer – Libby Tweeddale
- Umpire Coordinator – Trudy Mossop
- Events and Fundraising – Nel Carter Uniform Coordinator – Julie Quigley