Netball games will recommence this Saturday, 7 August 2021.
The season will play out as follows:
After feedback from all clubs, the HNA board met and have decided to play out the remainder of the season as scheduled. i.e. the two missed rounds will not be made up. The season will continue as scheduled with the minor rounds to be played on 7, 14 & 21 August and finals on 28 August, 4 & 11 September.
The SA Gov and Netball SA have provided rules/guidelines/restrictions via our COVID Safe Plan and Netball SA reference documents (download here) for recommencing netball games this Saturday. In summary, the important points to note and act on are:
- Approach competition with a Get in, Play, Get out mindset
- Check-in at each venue using the QR code/contract tracing document (at SEPS – please check-in at the gate using the SEPS QR code as the address is linked to school rather than Heathfield)
- Spectators at outdoor sporting events are allowed, as long as the density requirement of 1 person per 2 square metres is observed and facemasks are worn by all spectators (>12yrs age)
- Maintain physical distancing 1 person per 2sqm / 1.5m between spectators
- Consider minimising spectators (i.e. reduce to 1 spectator/carer per player)
- No communal food (no shared oranges); eating or drinking whilst sitting.
- COVID Marshal’s required.
In addition to this and to assist with social distancing requirements especially along the verandah at Heathfield, any teams playing on the bottom courts at Heathfield, please park in the oval car park and enter and exit the courts from that car park. The canteen will not be open at Heathfield this weekend.
Stay safe, have fun and let’s get back to netball!